The Manitoba Forestry Association and its partners are proud to host the 25th Annual Manitoba Envirothon!
2022 Manitoba Envirothon Virtual Event
Why does the 2022 Event Span over a week?
The longer event is to accommodate completing the field test and orals competition. This year the test will be an open book test based on the regional resource materials for each discipline. Teams will have a week to complete both their written test and orals presentation.
A school’s involvement will be:
● Participation in a welcome ceremony – April 7th, 2022
o Teams will be asked to submit an introductory video or photo presentation prior to.
● Participation in discipline training – April 26th-30th, 2022
o Teams can either participate in live online training sessions or request pre-recorded sessions
● Participation in the field test and orals presentation – May 3rd-10th, 2022
● Participation in a virtual closing ceremony – May 28th, 2022
● Open to both middle years and high school teams from across Manitoba.
● Students can enter as individuals, partial teams of 2-4, or a full team of 5! However, an advisor must be identified. **
● Individual and partial teams will be paired together to form full teams of 5 whenever possible.
● This year the test will be an open book test based on the regional resource materials for each discipline. Teams will have a week to complete both their written test and orals presentation.
● Accommodations have been made for students who have access to reliable internet as well as students who are working off-line. Our goal is to be inclusive of all learning situations. If a team of students is competing off-line, they will be provided with pre-recorded training sessions, a paper-pen field test, and the option to present the Orals competition though an audio source (telephone).
● Both advisor and team training will be provided prior to the test in May.
**Only full teams of 5 students from the same school, non-traditional school or youth organization will be eligible to represent Manitoba at the 2022 NCF-Envirothon as per NCF-Envirothon Rules and Regulations.
Important Dates to Remember
- January 4: Registration opens for the 2022 Virtual MB Envirothon
- January 21: Teacher/Advisor Training Session
- February 12: Last Date for Registration
- February 28: All Team Registration fees to be paid
- March 26: Deadline for teams to submit their team introduction or photo presentations
- April 7: Welcome Event, introduce team videos
- April 26-30: Online Discipline Training Sessions
- May 3-10: 2021 Test and Orals Presentation
- May 28: Virtual Award Ceremony
What are the registration options?
Please note the following:
- Each team (having 1-5 members) must have an advisor registered.
- Each advisor can oversee and register a maximum of 2 teams
If you are interested in registering a team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 204.453.3182.
What are the team registration fees?
Registration fees for this year’s competition are:
● $75.00/individual team member or
REGISTER YOUR TEAM
Please use the following form to register your team(s) for this year’s competition.